Roxar Tempest 7.0 includes five key modules relating to history matching & uncertainty management; full field simulation; pre & post processing; PVT analysis; and economic evaluation
Emerson Process Management has launched Roxar Tempest™ 7.0, an integrated reservoir engineering software suite that provides a single, consistent interface to E&P reservoir engineers.
The new integrated solution, which operates alongside Emerson Roxar’s reservoir modeling solution, RMS, builds on the previous versions of Emerson’s simulation and history matching software, already used in hundreds of installations worldwide.
The five modules can be deployed as an integrated unit with a common interface or individually to enhance existing workflows. Links to all major commercial and many proprietary simulators give engineers the flexibility to customize their workflows or opt for a fully integrated solution. These modules are:
- Tempest VIEW, the pre and post processing interface for all Tempest modules, which is capable of quickly processing results from multiple simulations with millions of cells and thousands of wells. Fast and flexible plotting also allows efficient data mining with large studies.
- Tempest ENABLE, Emerson’s history matching and uncertainty estimation software solution, is now incorporated into the Tempest suite, providing a major improvement to the user interface via Tempest VIEW. Tempest ENABLE harnesses the simulator, driving it through hundreds of realizations and intelligently steering it to deliver better quality history matches and more reliable uncertainty estimates than is possible using the simulator on its own. Tempest ENABLE can be applied in a wide variety of scenarios including field appraisal, brownfield development, optimization, and modeling geological uncertainty.
- Tempest MORE, a modern full field, full physics simulator which can be optimized for very large models and offers black oil, compositional and thermal options.
- Tempest PVTx, an equation of state PVT analysis tool which facilitates the characterization of black oil or compositional fluids.
- Tempest VENTURE, an economic evaluation tool which provides cash flow analysis derived from simulation results allowing the incorporation of inflation rates, prices, currencies, costs, taxes, and other variables.
“By incorporating field proven technologies within one single user interface, we believe that the Roxar Tempest suite now represents the most comprehensive, robust, integrated and innovative reservoir engineering suite on the market today”, says Kjetil Fagervik, managing director of Emerson’s Roxar Software Solutions.
He continues: “The fast and accurate reservoir performance predictions, history matching, uncertainty quantification, and economic evaluations generated through Roxar Tempest will help inform operators’ economic and field development decision-making. The result will be a mitigation of risk, the effective and efficient allocation of capital and resources, and increased oil & gas recovery.”
Roxar Tempest 7.0 is ideal for all types of reservoirs and geologies and covers a wide spectrum of reservoir simulation. It comes with a modern, intuitive interface with powerful graphics that can process multiple models and very large data sets and is also ideal for unconventional and EOR studies such as CO2 injection, Coalbed Methane, SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage) and shale gas fields.
Roxar Tempest 7.0 is platform independent, can link up with the vast majority of reservoir simulators, and operates on Windows and Linux desktop machines with multi-core CPUs, and on clusters and Windows HPC servers.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb™, Syncade™, DeltaV™, Fisher®, Micro Motion®, Rosemount®, Daniel™, Ovation®, AMS Suite, and Roxar™.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2011 were $24.2 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
Source: Emerson Process Management